The Wool Merchant is a small independent wool shop based in Dartington. We focus on high quality, natural fibre yarns for hand knitting and crochet. The shop is a sumptuous riot of colour, nestled deep in the Devon countryside.
Well here we go again....We are springing back into action on TUESDAY 20th APRIL.
I know alot of you are itching to get back into the shop to squish and choose yarns for your projects.
Thank you for your support and patience during the last few months
You can still contact me either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone. You can leave a message on the shop phone (01803 866499) or please feel free to call me on my home number which is 01364 642228
Very best wishes Dawn
- Please sanitise your hands with the sanitiser provided before entering the shop.
- We request that you wear either your own mask or one of the disposable masks provided AND a visor which we will sanitise between each customer use.
- Maximum of two customers in the shop at any one time.
- Whilst in the shop please be respectful of our staff and other customers by keeping your distance.
- If you are vulnerable or just plain nervous please let us know and we will arrange for you to have time in the shop to yourself.
- Please phone or email ahead if you can.
- Whilst we will let customers in who turn up without phoning or emailing ahead to make an appointment, priority will be given to those who have.
- Payment by card is preferred in the shop but cash can be taken if necessary. We are also still able to take payment by bank transfer if you are needing to order from me at home during times when the shop is not open.
- We can still offer a delivery service locally to those who cannot or would prefer not to come into the shop. I can also bring a small selection of yarns for you to choose from.
- We have done our best to keep the shop looking much as it did but to help us allow you to browse patterns and yarns we would ask that you handle with discretion and keep to a minimum of touching. We provide baskets for you to place any yarns that you have handled but do not wish to buy in. These yarns will be isolated for 72 hours before returning to the shop floor.
So that’s the plan for the new normal, we very much look forward to seeing you all once again.
Stay safe and keep caring for each other.
Dawn and the team